Under general supervision, the Dispatcher schedules and dispatches vehicles into and out of loading docks and from facility for conveyance of materials and freight. Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments
• Prepares daily dispatch schedule for drivers and equipment.
• Utilizes dynamic routing program to efficiently route outbound product.
• Seek out and schedule backhauls where appropriate; provide inbound report receiving.
• Builds and updates inbound and outbound orders in dispatch program.
• Responds promptly to driver inquiries regarding, but not limited to, breakdowns, directions, product count discrepancies.
• Monitors drivers’ hours to prevent DOT violations.
• Adjusts delivery and backhaul assignments to accommodate breakdowns, late trucks and other changes.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.