Under supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor the Repack Line Operator will tend machines to prepare consumer products for storage or shipment. Monitor speed and accuracy of work in repack area.
• Perform pre-shift set up of product
• Turn on equipment for set up and operation
• Check for accuracy of dates on all products
• Perform frequent quality checks of product
• Perform minimum mechanical duties
• Keep product flowing both components and finished product
• Provide training to new associates for line worker position
• Backup to line workers in their absence on the line
• Provide accurate documentation and complete required paperwork.
• Promote a safe work environment through personal actions
• Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities
• Clear work area of loose cardboard and plastic. Sweep work area as needed
• Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 1 year work experience in warehouse environment
• Ability to read and understand safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to communicate with supervisor and other employees
• Strong leadership and teamwork skills
• Ability to read numbers and labels
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• Tools and Technology: Repack Line Equipment
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is required to constantly function in a cold environment. The associate is frequently required to lift up to 60 lbs.; stand; handle objects; sit; use close vision. The associate is occasionally required to bend, twist, kneel, climb and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.