Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 6 years’ maintenance experience with a minimum of 3 years’ as an MHE technician.
• Formal MHE technical training, such as Hyster, Crown, Toyota, or Raymond, preferred.
• Strong work experience will be considered in lieu of Training Courses during the initial hiring process.
• Required train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred).
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Fully competent in MHE knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level on all material handling equipment.
• Must show proficiency in SAP PM (CMMS) with respect to their duties and responsibilities within 60 days.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalk
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses. Contact lenses are prohibited when working with ammonia.
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.