Under general supervision, the Shipping and Receiving Associate will keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments by providing information, direction, and scheduling regarding product acceptance, delivery, and storage.
• Work with others to representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Resolve issues related to overages, shortages and damages.
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
• Contact customer to resolve discrepancies.
• Maintain correspondence with customers, including receipts, invoices (if required), and tallies.
• Document all correspondence.
• Provide assistance in answering the telephone, resolving distribution center problems, and providing backup to the warehouse.
• In conjunction with distribution, schedule deliveries.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Tools and Technology: Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers and Photocopiers
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.