Under general supervision, the Repacker will manually pack single products into multiple pack cartons for retail sale. In addition, the Repacker will repack products from damaged containers into a new carton. They will check product for damage, labeling and palletizing the cartons in preparation for shipment.
• Manually pack single products into multiple pack cartons
• Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped
• Check or count product for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
• Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety
• Participate in physical inventories, as needed
• Perform labeling, sorting, and wrapping
• Comply with OSHA standards
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong teamwork skills
• Ability to read and understand safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to communicate with supervisors and other employees.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• Tools and Technology Required: Box Cutters and Automatic shrink film wrapper
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; bend; squat; stretch; twist; push; pull; grip; reach or lift hands and arms above head. The associate is frequently required to lift up to 60 lbs Required to perform various tasks in a fast paced environment. Repetitive motion with many job functions. Standing in one place for up to 2 hours at a time.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.