Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have 17,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions
Supervise the day-to-day transportation services activities of assigned site(s).
• Supervise the day-to-day transportation operations.
• Supervise the work of the driver team.
• Contact carriers to resolve performance or billing issues.
• Contact warehouses to resolve delivery or billing problems.
• Assist Transportation Operations Manager in the development of formalized business rules, daily shipping matrixes, and carrier service reviews.
• Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of workflow.
• Assist in resolving customer related problems with regard to orders, service and delivery.
• Gathers and analyzes information to prepare reports.
• Provide support for transportation associates.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's/Associates degree and 2-4 years transportation and dispatch experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 1 year proven supervisory experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent management skills and possess the ability to coordinate multiple tasks in deadline driven, fast paced environment.
• Possess a passion for customer service, and lead the team by example.
• Strong ability to lead and manage others; strong motivator and team player approach.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office and working knowledge of transportation/dispatch tools required)
• Strong ability to form and foster business relationships. Demonstrate a partnership approach in working with the facilities, carriers and our customers.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.