Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Supervise associates and coordinate the day to day activities of the maintenance crew at a large facility. In addition, the supervisor will respond to escalated issues, emergency repair orders and complaints in a prompt and effective manner. May coordinate with contractors.
• Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment.
• Reviews inspection and repair reports and observes progress of work on major overhauls to evaluate efficiency and work quality.
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards.
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Maintain accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for maintenance staff.
• Provide associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
• Supervise the work of maintenance associates to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
• Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
• Counsel associates in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Certified in all RETA Courses. External hires must, as a condition of employment, complete all (8) course during the first 24 months.
• HAZMAT certification required.
• 2 plus years maintenance mechanic experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
• Ability to supervise and inspect work performed by all Levels of maintenance associates.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a manager.
• Strong communication skills
• Tools and Technology: Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trade, Knowledge of ISO, Knowledge of SAP preferred, Microsoft knowledge preferred and Forklift certification.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.