Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Perform routine and complex material handling equipment (MHE), repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the warehouse. Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational objectives are met. Perform troubleshooting and repair of material handling equipment and other powered industrial equipment as assigned. Provide outside service provider oversight and monitoring.
• Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers,
• Performs basic diagnostics to identify source of trouble and makes necessary adjustments to equipment for safe and efficient operation
• Works with other technicians in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
• Ensures proper and accurate documentation of all maintenance performed, completes reports in writing and electronically
• Performs safety inspections of equipment and documents the work
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
• Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 2-4 years’ practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
• Must have one (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance or either possess (or be within sixty (60) days of obtaining) a vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vocation/trade school or completion of this company's apprentice program with satisfactory performance.
• One or more Medium/Heavy Truck ASE Certifications and Class A CDL preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air).
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
• Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
• Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
• Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Ability to enter and exit driver’s compartment of truck and/or behind cab using normally available foot and handholds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.