Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Ensures Food Safety guidelines and practices at the facility are followed.
• Supports a food safe working environment by complying with SOP procedures, rules and regulations to demonstrate a safe working environment.
• Inspects product, personnel, and line for adherence to Food Safety requirements by inspecting product and lines including taking temperatures, weights, and performing tests (such as swabbing for microbes), accurately recording results of inspections and tests in appropriate logs, and informing appropriate individual(s) of any deviations from expected norms.
• Inspects labels, boxing, and other processed and/or documents to ensure adherence to customer and/or government specifications.
• Supports USDA inspections as directed or as needed.
• Calibrates equipment as needed and according to procedures.
• Performs other duties as required or as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Quality Control experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal and customer service communication skills sufficient to read and interpret government and company documents and other food-related documents and partner with customers and other co-workers.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in various reporting tools such as Word or Excel sufficient to create communication documents and basic statistical reports.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change regularly while maintaining accuracy. Demonstrated ability to self-start with little or no direction preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of food borne pathogens and associated mitigation techniques.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions. Also must be able to repeatedly get up and down from chairs, and reach or bend for several hours per day.
• Must possess manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work.
• Must be able to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to complete assigned tasks.
• May be required to carry loads related to travel and occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Must be able to work frequently at heights of up to twenty (20) feet.
• May be required to use various electronic tools.
• Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• May be required to travel by automobile and/or airplane for business-related purposes.
• May be required to visit or work entire day in facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing for short or long periods of time or as needed or as necessary.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW