Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under close supervision, assists in very basic level duties of general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Maintenance areas include battery and charger maintenance, electricity, plumbing, carpentry.
• Assist in maintaining batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard. Conducts Preventative Maintenance and Repairs on the batteries and chargers as needed.
• Work in the battery changing room to facilitate and manage the battery changing process.
• Capable of operating a forklift, pallet jack and battery changer.
• Cleans, lubricates bearings, gears of other machinery parts using rags, brushes and a grease gun.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Assist in conducting test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Assist in keeping accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude required.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary
• May be expected to participate in HAZMAT responder training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
• Microsoft Knowledge preferred
• Prefer some maintenance or mechanical experience
• Knowledge of general warehouse practices
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.