Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• May require current and valid forklift certification.
• No more than one (1) moving violation citation such as reckless driving or speeding in excess of fifteen (15) miles above the posted speed limit within the previous twelve (12) months, and no more than three (3) within the previous three (3) years.
• No DUI citations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Successful passing of background screen, pre-employment drug test, and other required physical and medical examinations.
• Demonstrated ability to enter and exit truck as well as hook and unhook trailering equipment.
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal and customer service communication skills sufficient to read and interpret shipping invoices and other warehouse documents and partner with customers and other co-workers.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals sufficient to complete required papers and documents.
• Demonstrated possession and application of reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, and speaking skills necessary to interact and respond to customers, co-workers, and management staff effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change regularly while maintaining accuracy. Demonstrated ability to self-start with little or no direction preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to sit for long periods of time in a vehicle. Also must be able to repeatedly and quickly adjust vehicle controls to exact positions for several hours per day.
• Demonstrated manual dexterity and coordination of two (2) or more limbs with normal movements while sitting, standing, or lying down. This does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
• Demonstrated ability to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to complete assigned tasks. Must be able to visually identify details from distances.
• May be required to carry loads related to travel and occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Demonstrated ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• Demonstrated judgment skills sufficient to identify which of several objects is closer or farther away and to accurately ascertain distance between self and other objects.
• Demonstrated ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Demonstrated ability to tolerate environments that may have temperatures at or below freezing for extended periods of time.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW